Affordable Bento Set Of Trove Hotel Johor Bahru

 

It's good news that the cases of new Covid19 infection in Johor are decreasing. This gives a chance and hope for the F&B industry and other businesses to recover and start a new day again. Hence, we shall continue to #supportlocal and do our part to make our economy rise up again. 

In support of this, allow me to share with you my #JomtaraletsSupportLocal campaign stories about my food take away experience from Trove Johor Bahru Hotel. I would say that their set was surprisingly awesome.

THE FOOD  

We ordered there Bolognese Chicken, Fish and Chips, Garlic Beef, Nyonya Fish and an ala carte fries for the kids.

Overall, the whole food adventure was great. We actually love every bite of their set. The Bolognese Chicken (which actually an Italian cuisine that originates in Bologna City in Italy) gave a very nice taste to my palate. The taste of that minced chicken mixed with their tomato sauce blends well in my palate. It was such an amazing combination.


The amount of minced chicken was good to the serving of the pasta. I like every bite of this set, especially when mixing with their dried parmesan cheese. The cheese gives an additional light flavor to the strong taste of the tomato sauce. It was a superb meal for me. In terms of price, it was a reasonable set so I guess there would be no reason for everyone to try this out.

Their Fish and Chips were served with a crispy fillet of fish and tartar sauce. The set comes with fries and salad. My kids love it. I would say it wasn’t oily. This for me was reasonable in terms of taste and pricing too. Perhaps this can be a good option for fellas out there who love fried fish.

Their Garlic Beef set was outstanding. The set comes in a stir-fried beef with slices of fried garlic on top and a set of vegetables to make the whole package complete. The serving for me was considered a powerful meal for lunch. The protein (the beef) was quite a lot so it would be a good meal for everyone.

In terms of texture, the beef was cooked well. It’s not chewy and it was actually tasty. My tastebuds are actually enjoying every bite while mixing with their soft white rice. The portion of the set for me was generous.  

Lastly, their Nyonya Fish was superb. I can say that this was a mouthwatering and super delicious fish served in a bento set concept. You can taste tamarind, garlic, peeled ginger, and turmeric. Those ingredients were really prominent in the set.  

Overall, I think this food for me is a good recommendation for everyone to try out especially this month. They have their ongoing promotion with an affordable bento set that you could consider.

You can try their Old Malay Char Kway Teow. It is served with flat noodles with chicken bits, prawns, and choy sum.

They also have other sets such as their Kampung Style Fried Rice that comes with chicken bits, prawns vegetables with egg. FYI, this set is spicy yeah. Other than that, they also have their lamb curry set that has an intensely aromatic blend of spices prepared in coconut milk.


DISCLAIMER

Reviewed food was based on the date the food was ordered. Reviews given were based on honest feedback. The featured restaurant/ hotel may also have better menus which may even better according to your preferences.

For dine-in and other transactions amid to the SOPs due to MCO status of Johor, please seek an update from their Restaurant Management for further assistance.

 

You Might Also Like

0 Comments