Lovely Nasi Ayam Penyet Of Batavia Kitchen


Batavia Kitchen is a Javanese Restaurant situated inside the City Square Shopping Mall in Johor Bahru offering various authentic Indonesian Cuisines.

I came across to this restaurant in 2019 where we dine it with my family to try their popular Nasi Ayam Penyet. Two years down the road, here I am again taking this opportunity to share my dining experience in line with my #JomtaraletsSupportLocal Campaign stories to support our entrepreneurs to shout out their product during this difficult times.


This restaurant is a certified halal eating place. They are always full during peak hours.  I remember before we go to Singapore via the causeway (first link), we always go to their shop to take a grab of their Nasi Ayam Penyet. 

Let me share to you my dining experiences to this café.
 
THE AMBIANCE

The restaurant is located inside level 2 of City Square Shopping Centre. The place provides a relaxing atmosphere during non-peak hours. The lighting used as well as the facilities inside the shop is considered standard to a normal restaurant inside a shopping mall. I guess, every shop here, they have their own interior design to showcase their own branding.

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Their ordering flow was very straightforward. You just need to write down your orders in their ordering paper and press the bell for them to get your order.   It’s very straightforward. The waiting time would depend on how busy they are. When we visited the place, it was not crowded that’s why our order came very fast.  Their staff was very accommodating too.

THE FOOD

We ordered their famous Nasi Ayam Penyet, a set of drinks, Soto Ayam in Rice Noodle and some side dishes like fries for the kids.


The food presentation of the Nasi Ayam Penyet was outstanding. The golden color of the fried chicken was very appetizing. The sliced cucumber, fried tofu, and their long string beans also add additional excitement to the whole Ayam Penyet Set.

It’s really satisfying. I think what makes this Nasi Ayam Penyet special was their own sambal. It’s very thick and the spicy taste was sensational. This would be a good place for folks out there looking for some spicy sambal—it is really spicy.


The tempe (a traditional Indonesian soy product, that is made from fermented soybeans) is crispy and it’s nice to mix with the sambal. I don’t actually go for spicy food but with my years of exposure to spicy food here in Malaysia- I think I can say that the sambal they have here is really powerful—it's super hot.

The Soto Ayam in Rice noodle was really good. You would enjoy every scope of it.  I can taste something like tapioca and corn starch in the rice noodles. I think this is because these two elements help to improve the transparency and increase the gelatinous and chewy texture of the noodles.

I think it was well done and I love the set.
 
DISCLAIMER

Reviewed food was based on the date the food was ordered. Reviews given were based on honest feedback. The featured restaurant may also have better menus which may even better according to your preferences.

For dine-in and other transactions amid to the SOPs due to MCO status of Johor, please seek updates from the Restaurant Management for further assistance.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments