Let’s Eat Food From Old Town Restaurant In Taman Sentosa Branch-JB

When it comes to food destinations in Malaysia, I believe that Old Town White Coffee would be one of the best options for everyone. As a newcomer in Malaysia in 2016, I have been hearing a lot of good reviews about this food chain in my workplace and also among my circle of friends.

Old Town White Coffee has a lot of branches all over the country including in other countries like Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, and China. This Kopitiam / restaurant is serving various types of local cuisines and western food. They are actually one of the largest halal-certified Kopitiam / Restaurant chains and they were established in 1999.

Let me share with you my food discoveries to this restaurant in line with my ongoing #JomtaraletsSupportLocal campaign to support our local products with this ongoing worldwide pandemic. Let's find out.

THE FOOD

With the ongoing Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) in Johor,  we ordered our food from their Taman Sentosa outlet in Johor Bahru from an online food delivery platform.

We tried their Mushroom & Chicken Steamed Rice, BBQ Chicken & Fried Wonton Dry Egg Noodles, Oldtown Nasi Lemak, Kaya & Butter Toast (Double), Curry Puff, and French Fries for the kids.

Overall, the food experience here based on those items that we’ve tried was quite satisfying. I think the Mushroom and Chicken Steamed rice is a recommended one. However, it could be better if the serving may be increased a bit more to justify its price. In terms of taste, I am not disappointed. It is not salty and I think it was well done. I am just considering the rate as there are few shops that sell the same but the rate is considered reasonable.

Their BBQ chicken and Fried Wanton Dry Egg noodle was also good for fellas out there who are looking for a light meal. In terms of the texture of the noodle, I cannot give a full comment about it cause the noodle was packed for few minutes, hence it was saggy compared to when you eat on the spot while dining in at the café.

The Wanton was not that crispy anymore (maybe because of the moisture during the delivery process). With this, I would not suggest taking away these types of noodles especially if the distance of the shop from your housing area may cover more than 15 minutes of traveling time.

The Oldtown Nasi Lemak for me (I think) could be improved. I may be wrong but I think, this could have been better if the serving of nuts, anchovies (ikan bilis), and sliced egg increased to justify its price. The serving of the rice cooked with coconut was okay—at least it is not dry at all.  

I took a bit of their sambal too and I think it’s okay too however, I hope it could have been better if the used oil is controlled to make it balanced.


Their Kaya and Butter Toast (Double) was nice. I think it is one of the best I tried before. The way it was toasted was really tasty on my palate. I am sure this could even more fantastic if it was eaten on the spot. The crunchy texture and the unmelted butter will make it more interesting on my palate. 

The curry puff is also good, the spicy level was controlled and the combination of ingredients inside was superb. I love it. the whole set was not dry and the curry fillings were just nice on my palate. 

For their fries, I would say it was okay since my kids loved it too.


Overall, I think my food experience here is considered 7 out of 10. Maybe the experience could have been better if I took their food right after they served in a dine-in setting. In terms of price, I understand that this is under franchise, so I cannot blame them (this branch) as to why their pricing was such.

DISCLAIMER:

Reviewed food was based on the date the food was ordered. Reviews given were based on honest feedback. The featured restaurant may also have better menus which may even be better according to your preferences.

For dine-in and other transactions amid to the SOPs due to CMCO status of Johor, please seek updates from their Restaurant Management for further assistance.

 

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. I think the way it was featured was balance. I agree they are a bit expensive nowadays

    ReplyDelete