Set Meals From Café Ponderosa, Taman Molek


As I continue to venture food destinations in Johor Bahru, I come across this Café Ponderosa in Taman Molek offering different set meals that are affordable to my pocket.  I checked the café and able to manage to get their promotion that time.

With this food experience, let me take this opportunity to include them into my ongoing #JomtaraletsSupportLocal campaign stories.

The Food


I ordered their Spaghetti Aglio Olio, Fried Chicken Chop with Salad, Ginger & Spring Onion Chicken with Rice, Char Kuay Teow, XL Curry Puffs, EL-Mexicano Burrito, Yang Chow Fried Rice, Fish & Chips, Spaghetti Bolognaise, Ponderosa Chicken Rice Set (roasted chicken) and their Hokkien-Style Noodle.

If you ask me, I didn’t actually eat this in one sitting. I ordered this in few sessions and since they have buy 1 free 1 promo at that time, I am able to enjoy that promotion.
 

Anyway, there Spaghetti Aglio Olio and Bolognese was really good. I would say that it was well done. The pasta was very springy and it was not over-cooked. The Aglio olio was not oily. The dish (I think) was made with lightly sautéing sliced and minced garlic,  olive oil, and mixed with sliced cucumber with cubes of tomatoes.  The taste was actually good.

Their Bolognese was made out of their home-made minced beef sauce, served with garlic bread and grated Parmigiano cheese.   The set was considered okay but it could have been better if they increased the amount of the home-made minced beef sauce to justify its price. I would admit that the way the sauce was prepared was superb in my palate-- woahh I love it.


I would also like to take this opportunity to highlight their own version of El-Mexican Burrito which was composed of tortilla wrapped roasted chicken, smoked chicken slice in chili corn carne, garnished with diced tomatoes and grated cheese.


The set comes in 4 slices which are good for a small family like us. 
The thickness of the tortilla was good to the savory taste of the Roasted Chicken. My tastebuds are really enjoying every bite of it.

Meanwhile, their Char Kuay Teow was something that can be recommended to a friend. The set comes with wok-fried flat rice noodles with dark soya sauce, prawns, cockles, egg, and bean sprouts. This set was not salty and the usage of oils was also controlled which is a good thing so it will not overpower the texture of the Char Kuay Teow.


I can’t give any comments to all the other sets that we bought, but what I can say was that the set was really incredible in terms of taste, food presentation, and the price especially during their promotions.

By that way, this is what I have discovered.  If you are a member of the Ponderosa Gold and Country Club, you will enjoy a lower rate of their menu. There is really a huge difference in their pricing.  



Overall, I would say that my food experience at this restaurant was really high. It’s 8.5 out of 10.  I think, their kitchen deserves to be appreciated.
 
DISCLAIMER

Reviewed food was based on the date the food was ordered. Reviews given were based on honest feedback. The featured restaurant may also have better menus which may even better according to your preferences.

For dine-in and other transactions amid to the SOPs due to MCO status of Johor, please seek updates from the Restaurant Management for further assistance.

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. I think-- this is a good food reccomendation... its really detailed. Keep it up and lets #Supportlocal

    ReplyDelete